SAA Response To The Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Thursday 19th of March by Charlotte Pilkington
Following official government advice as of 19/03/20
As part of our responsibility to monitor the current Coronavirus situation day-by-day, we have been closely following Public Health England and government guidelines, as well as seeking advice from Hampshire County Council.
Business Continuity Plans for Term 4 (Up to Saturday 04/04/20)
Due to the announcement from the Prime Minister on 18/03, we will close our doors alongside schools from Saturday 21/03. We will be running classes up to and including Friday 20/03, with the measures outlined in the previous email.
We are aiming to take things online and provide resources for the classes paid for on the Term 4 (2019/20) invoice. We respectfully ask that you do not ask for refunds at this time, as we are offering the most safe alternatives we can with the resources we have.
Business Continuity Plans for Term 5+ (After Easter Holidays)
We will not auto-enrol students and invoice classes from Monday 20/04 as we usually would. Instead we would like to offer online alternatives on an opt-in basis. More information about how to enrol for this will be released next week.
Upon Returning Post-Epidemic
We will return to class when the government confirms it is safe for the schools to re-open. We envisage making up the number of weeks lost over the school holidays where possible. Similar to when we start our school year, I will send an initial email confirming the classes you are enrolled into. You then have a week to respond as a notice period, before we go back to auto-enrolment and invoices are sent.
If you are on Facebook I would suggest joining our parent/student closed group here for instant updates, or if the link doesn’t work search for Southern Arts Academy and request to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/15446845060/
It’s been a really hard decision to make, so we thank you for your understanding and patience at this time. Please stay safe and we hope to see you all very soon. We will miss seeing our SAA family!
Charlotte, on behalf of Katrina Excell
SOUTHERN ARTS ACADEMY RESPONSE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Following official government advice as of 15/03/20
Communication Originally Sent: 15/03/2020
At Southern Arts Academy the health and safety of our staff, students and the wider community is our primary concern, and we are monitoring the situation day-by-day. We take care to keep staff and students healthy and safe including best practices for hygiene and wellness. We are following Public Health England's guidelines to remain open alongside schools and at present there are no government restrictions in place that would affect the running of classes at SAA.
With immediate effect, we will be introducing the following measures to help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Compulsory hand washing before entering classes by staff and students. Please assist and encourage our students with this before the start of class.
- If any SAA staff or students test positive with COVID-19, going forwards we will alert parents immediately if your child has attended a class on the same day.
- We are also in close communication with all three venues (Denmead, Waterlooville & Clanfield), where they have taken action to publish guidance on handwashing plus additional cleaning rotas.
We ask that you inform Southern Arts Academy in the following instances:
- If your student and/or immediate family members are diagnosed with COVID-19 then please let SAA know as a matter of urgency, follow NHS advise to self-isolate and not attend SAA classes.
- If your student and/or immediate family members have had contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19 then please let SAA know as a matter of urgency, and follow NHS advise to self-isolate and not attend SAA classes
- Any student suffering a cough, cold or fever should self-isolate for 7 days, and only return to SAA classes if symptoms completely subside.
The above measures are to keep our school community safe, is proportionate and in line with national guidance. Classes will remain running as normal until an event of 'force majeure’, where we endeavour to provide alternative solutions where possible for our students to choose from.
In the event of closure or reduced classes, we will communicate with you via email so please check before attending. If you are on Facebook I would suggest joining our parent/student closed group here for instant updates, or if the link doesn’t work search for Southern Arts Academy and request to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/15446845060/
Thank you for your understanding.
Charlotte, on behalf of Katrina Excell
All news articles